Sunday 18 May 2014

Biker Gilets- the no.1 jacket this summer

Love your biker jacket? Don't want to lose it to the sunny weather? Well that's ok because a new jacket has hit the shops and will be a big hit this season: Biker Gilets

Now, I love a biker jacket (hence the previous posts that include pastel biker jackets and patterned biker jackets) but if it's warm enough this summer I might have to give mine up which I why I love this new trend so much.

Variety of biker gilet styles
Don't know what a gilet is? It's a French word for a jacket with no sleeves, the perfect type for summer when it's too warm for a full on jacket but to cold to go without one. The best thing about gilets is they can still be quite warm but the get the cool of having bare arms; goodbye sweaty arms! Biker Gilets can go with almost any item of clothing, even one with sleeves, but I think in the summer they work best with a floaty/baggy top, a playsuit (no jumpsuits it's too warm!) or a dress (if you're feeling especially summery
.
They have been spotted everywhere in the fashion world from catwalks to various celebrities and are proving to be very popular. They come in a variety of different colours and patterns, from black leather, brown leather, cream leather, basic denim, bleached denim, distressed denim, denim with studs, bright white and a variety of pastel colours. No patterns as of yet but keep your eyes peeled as I predict they will be appearing in shops very soon.

Please comment below, I would be happy to hear any suggestions. Also follow my blog either on google+, twitter (@elizaxfashion) or get an email subscription bu simply typing in your email above, thank you and I post everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment